One of our best-selling organic skincare products here at Purdie’s is without a doubt our face moisturiser. It’s been featured in magazines such as Scotland’s No 1 Magazine. But beyond being a high-quality organic face cream with exceptional healing benefits, one of its big draws is that it’s plastic-free. As we continue on our journey towards reusable packaging for all Purdie’s of Argyll products, we thought we’d take this opportunity to tell you a little more about our eco-friendly face moisturiser and all its lovely benefits.
An organic face moisturiser in a glass jar
Our plastic-free moisturiser is made with certified organic ingredients including raspberry seed oil, rosehip oil, olive oil, flaxseed oil, sunflower oil, shea butter and cocoa butter.
It is available with different essential oil blends, such as:
- Frankincense and Rose
- Geranium, Lavender, Raspberry Leaf and Rosehip
- Natural (no essential oils)
- Patchouli, Raspberry Leaf, Rosehip and Sweet Orange
We have also recently launched some men’s blends, including:
- Amyris, Cedarwood and Frankincense
- Lavender, Peppermint and Rosemary
All our moisturisers are packaged in heavy glass jars that can be recycled or reused once you’re finished – giving you a high-quality face cream without the guilt of buying plastics.
Why create a plastic-free moisturiser?
The whole team here at Purdie’s is fairly eco-minded, and this has crept naturally into the products we make. As always, we’ve listened to our customers as our range develops, and we know this is something you care about. The overuse of plastics is a serious issue for our health and environment. So, wherever possible, we are trying to phase out plastic packaging and replace it with reusable alternatives. Packaging our moisturiser in a glass jar is a simple, eco-friendly fix that keeps the product in excellent condition.
The skincare benefits of our eco-friendly face moisturiser
Our organic moisturiser is packed with nutrient-rich organic ingredients that provide a wealth of skincare benefits. Here are some of the main ways it can help your skin:
- Anti-inflammatory – The raspberry seed oil has high levels of alpha linolenic acid and phytosterols, which are effective against eczema and psoriasis. The fatty acids in the flaxseed oil also help to reduce inflammation, as do sunflower oil and shea butter.
- Anti-aging – Rosehip oil has marvellous anti-aging benefits thanks to its high levels of vitamin A and molecules that boost moisture and collagen levels deep within the skin. The antioxidants in raspberry seed oil also help with anti-aging.
- Smoothing and softening – The squalene in olive oil mimics your skin’s natural sebum to smooth and soften your skin. We also use shea butter, which has high concentrations of fatty acids and vitamins to condition and smooth your skin.
- Healing for skin conditions – Flaxseed oil is particularly healing for skin conditions like rosacea, acne, dermatitis, eczema and psoriasis, as well as acne, redness and irritation. Many of the other ingredients in our organic moisturiser are also healing against skin conditions, including shea butter, sunflower oil and raspberry seed oil.
- Hydrating and nourishing – The fatty acids in cocoa butter improve the elasticity of your skin and provide hydration and nourishment.
- Conditioning and toning – Shea butter is effective for conditioning and toning the skin, especially on the face.
Where to buy our plastic-free face moisturiser
You viewed …
You haven't yet viewed any products on our store. If you've been here before, you may need to sign in.