What does beard oil do?
Since releasing our men’s range of organic skincare products, we’ve had lots of interest in our beard oil. (And we’ve also seen some fine Scottish beards, we might add!) But, we meet many customers who are unfamiliar with what beard oil actually does. So, we thought it’d be helpful to explain a bit about what beard oil does and how to use it here.
What does beard oil do?
Beard oil is a conditioning leave-in oil that keeps your beard soft, full and manageable, while promoting healthy facial hair growth. It hydrates and moisturises the skin beneath your beard to stop it getting dry, cracked or itchy. Soaps and face washes can strip away the natural oils found in your skin, and beard oils help to replace these for healthy facial growth.
A good beard oil:
- Repairs split ends
- Prevents the growth of wild hairs
- Encourages your beard hair to grow strong and fast
- Eliminates dandruff
- Heals, nourishes and reduces inflammation on the skin beneath your beard
- Gives your beard a healthy shine
Beard oils contain wonderful blends of aromatic essential oils, which can relax you and significantly improve your mood – making applying beard oil a lovely moment of self-care.
We’ve added therapeutic essential oils like amyris, cedarwood, frankincense, lavender, peppermint and rosemary to our organic beard oils.
Does beard oil work?
Yes, it does – although it depends what you mean by ‘work’. Beard oil is not going to help you miraculously grow the perfect beard overnight. But what it does do is improve the overall health of your beard and the skin beneath it so that strong growth is possible.
Here’s how beard oil helps you maintain a fuller beard:
- It makes your beard less itchy, so you will shave less – meaning your beard can grow unimpeded
- It reduces breakage and split ends – allowing your beard hair to grow quicker
- It stimulates hair growth through the act of massaging the oil into your beard
- It enhances collagen production as the organic oils are packed with vitamins, helping you grow a richer, fuller, healthier beard
How to use beard oil
For most beards, we recommend applying beard oil twice a day – once in the morning, and once before you go to bed. However, if your beard is particularly thick, you may only need to apply it once a day or less. See how your beard feels and adjust as needed.
We find beard oil to be particularly effective if applied after a bath or shower, as the steam opens your pores and allows more of the oil to be absorbed. If you’re not showering, you could splash warm water on your face before applying so that your skin is slightly damp.
Here’s how to apply your beard oil:
- Put 2–3 drops of oil in your hands using the pipette
- Spread the oil evenly over your palms and fingers
- Brush your palms along the sides of your beard, and then down the front
- Bring both hands up through the bottom of your beard
- Comb the oil through using a beard comb
Once applied, you can leave the beard oil in to work its magic.
Buy an organic beard oil today
Ready to try to beard oil for yourself? Buy our organic beard oil online or at our shop in Inveraray. It is handmade in Scotland with 100% pure essential oil and organic base ingredients.
Comments: 0 (Add)
You viewed …
You haven't yet viewed any products on our store. If you've been here before, you may need to sign in.